Guaranteed to flatten your tum, a detox doesn’t have to be depressing. We asked Lily Simpson, the creator of Detox Kitchen – the delivered-to-your-door diet – to come up with an easy flatter-in-a-week plan. Mix and match Lily’s meals for seven days of cleansing and digestion-friendly eating. Don’t forget lots of water and herbal tea – no caffeine!
Perfectly balanced to start your day on an energy high.
• Pile avocado and cucumber salad on a small piece of rye bread, plus a few almonds.
• Serve poached eggs with a tomato salad.
• Spread wholegrain bread with 1tsp peanut butter.
• Top soya or coconut yoghurt with blueberries and walnuts.
Great ideas for eating at home or taking to work.
• Put together a green salad of avocado, spinach, cucumber and toasted sunflower seeds with a squeeze of lemon and rapeseed oil.
• Serve grilled chicken with a salad of quinoa, kohlrabi and broccoli.
• Toss grated carrot, beetroot and bean sprouts. Sprinkle with roasted cashew nuts and lime juice.
• Try boiled eggs with a green papaya, rocket, tomato and caper salad.
Gets a makeover with interesting and exciting flavours.
• Grill salmon basted with grated ginger and soy – serve with mixed peppers, courgette and spinach.
• Grill chicken and serve with cooked rice noodles. Drizzle with a dressing made with wheat-free soy sauce and grated ginger.
• Egg fried brown rice salad with mange tout and peas, served with king prawns.
• Use a curry paste to whip up a veggie Thai green curry made with courgette, green peppers and cauliflower.
Make a sensational mid-morning or mid-afternoon booster. Amounts are flexible but as Lily points out: ‘The key with juices is to use as little fruit as possible – only use one apple per juice for sweetness.’
• Celery, ginger and apple with 1tsp of matcha powder (antioxidant-rich, finely powdered organic green tea).
• Broccoli, courgette, apple and lemon.
• Cucumber, mint, celery and wheatgrass.
• Carrot, celery, ginger and orange.
Try Domatcha 100% matcha green tea, £25 for 30g; Organic Burst Wheatgrass Powder, £6.69 for 60g. Both at www.nutricentre.com
Read all about it here alongside a whole world of other tips and tricks.