Festival Survival with Skin and Tonic + Competition
So you’re off to one of the many incredible festivals happening this summer, and you’ve nailed the necessities - tent, sleeping bag, wellies and a waterproof. But to help you not just survive but THRIVE in a field with your friends and thousands of others, our friends at Skin & Tonic have compiled a list of their festival essentials:
- Bin Bags: These are your best friend at a festival. Wear them as a stylish poncho, sit on them, keep your campsite tidy, use as a floor lining in your tent to put your muddy wellies on…the possibilities are endless!
- Snacks: Apples, carrots and a jar of Pip & Nut nut butter and you’re sorted. Both apples and carrots are great dipped in nut butter, and will provide you with much needed energy to keep you going until the early hours. Dried fruit, nuts and The Detox Kitchen guilt-free flapjacks are also all winners. They don’t get squashed and are cheap and easy to make. You also won’t have to buy three whole meals a day, which can add up pretty quickly…
- A head torch: For those late night/early morning stumbles to the toilet. The last thing you want is to fall flat on your face in the dark tripping over a guy rope.
- A 10 litre water container: Inexpensive and small when not full, this will save you from morning water runs with three inadequate bottles and a mouth like the Gobi Desert...
- A Skin & Tonic Summer Festival Kit, obviously! Featuring minis of our festival beauty essentials: Rose Mist to keep you smelling fresh and floral, which also works to tone and hydrate your skin; a Naked Lip Balm to keep your lips silky smooth and our multifunctional Calm Balm. Apply to your wrists and temples when you (eventually) go to bed - the blend of lavender, chamomile and calendula will help you drift off to sleep. You can also apply it to dry lips and skin, or just rub between your palms, breathe in deeply and relaaax. The Kit also includes a pair of special Skin & Tonic LoveSpecs (heart shaped sunglasses that are also rainbow heart fraction glasses!), an eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush, and biodegradable glitter, all in a Fair Trade cotton 'Made with Spirit' wash bag.
Now what we all tend to do is focus on our wellbeing during a festival, but then forget to pave our way to recovery post-festival. By filling up on plant based foods and lean protein when you get home, you will be giving your body what it needs to get back in tip-top shape after a weekend of over indulgence and little sleep. This is where we come in. Our detox packages take away the stress of planning, shopping, and cooking, as we deliver fresh, healthy meals to your door. Because really who can face going to the supermarket post the festival coach trip home?
Fancy winning the dream festival wellness prize? We're offering one lucky winner a Skin & Tonic festival kit, as well as a Detox Kitchen 3-day detox package. To enter the competition simply enter your email in the form below.*