From experience we know that it is far easier to stick to a healthy eating plan if you do it with others, and this is why we are launching Friendship February. Fancy bagging yourself all of the above?
After a long winter of indulging in heavy, comfort foods and endless days of hibernating, you may feel like you need to press restart for spring. Sometimes the best way to begin a new season is to give the body an overhaul and embrace a renewal process.
Through focusing on particular foods to detoxify, hydrating and recharging your body naturally, this will help rid your body of toxins and rejuvenate yourself in time for Spring.
As with all things in life, it makes sense to go with what nature intended, rather than go against it. Skip the juice-only cleanses and invasive colonics, and instead opt for naturally detoxing your body to help you feel lighter and more energised as you ease into the new season.
Here are our top tips for how you can get ready for Spring the natural way:
1) Green Goodness - Load up on fresh, green vegetables that are in season for natural detoxing properties. Fresh greens such as watercress, baby spinach, kale, brussel sprouts and spring greens contain crucial nutrietnts and minerals like folic acid, riboflavin and digestive enzymes to help the body absorb nutrients during digestion. The vitamin K in spinach may contribute to a healthy nervous system and brain function too so eat your greens!
2) Anti-oxidant rich teas – Herbal teas such as chamomile, peppermint and nettle are a good caffeine-free tea alternative with naturally cleansing properties, however green tea is one caffeine containing tea that should be on your list. The antioxidant-rich phytochemicals found in green tea leaves help to detoxify the body by eliminating harmful free radicals. Research has also linked drinking green tea to improving memory and maintaining a slim waistline when combined with exercise, thanks to the catechin EGCG - a powerful antioxidant.
3) Morning liver tonic – start the morning on a healthy note with a morning liver tonic to kick start your digestion. Drinking a glass of warm water infused with lemon is a proven way to help cleanse your body. Lemons contain antibacterial properties that help purify the blood and balance the pH level of your colon. The citrus fruit's vitamin C will also help boost your immunity.
4) Take 10 minutes - by taking just 10 minutes each day to do nothing, but sit and breathe deeply or meditate, this can aid digestion. Be still and maximise this time to yourself. Stress is the number one cause of inflammation so quieten your mind to soothe your mind, body and soul.
5) Move your body - Eating foods that nourish and detoxify the body are integral for a Spring cleanse, but by incorporating exercise on top, you’ll reap added benefits. Gentle exercise such as yoga, pilates or simply taking a walk in nature and stretching helps strengthen your body for the season. Keep things simple. You don’t need to undergo a rigorous workout regime like running excessive miles or doing a long bike ride to feel the positive effects. Don’t forget that restoring your body through rest periods is just as important in detoxifying the body.
By turning to seasonal greens, wholefoods and daily activities that support your body, nothing can compare to the feeling you get after a healthy detox. You may feel increased bouts of energy, curb your cravings and your mind will be clear and focused, having a positive effect on your mood.
Here's to Spring!
Simply select the package that is right for you, choose your start date and duration, and look forward to your first delivery of wholesome food.
This 1,500-calorie package provides a rich source of nutrients, made up of whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and lean protein. All of our meat is free-range and our fish and seafood are sustainably sourced.
those who are looking to permanently change their lifestyles for the better. Packed full of energy and nutrients, this package is perfect for those who would like to begin or maintain a healthy diet