Gluten-Free Pancakes with Spiced Syrup and Blueberries
27th Feb, 2019
FOR THE PANCAKES
150g Dove's GF self-raising flour
Half a tsp Gluten free baking powder
40g Clear Honey
150ml Oat Milk (we like Oatly)
FOR THE SYRUP
200g Maple Syrup
4 Cinnamon sticks
6 Whole cloves
6 Cardamom Pods
200g Pitted Dates
40g Flaked Almonds
Makes approx. 12 pancakes
FOR THE PANCAKES
1. Add the flour and baking powder to the mixing bowl. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients then add the eggs, milk and honey. Whisk together until smooth.
2. Add to a measuring jug then rest in the fridge for 15 mins.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil has warmed, pour in the mixture so the pancakes are approximately 8cm wide. Make sure you don’t put the pancakes too close together as they will spread during cooking.
4. Cook the pancakes on their first side for about 1-2 mins or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface.
5. Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further minute on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
6. To serve, stack your pancakes and drizzle over the spiced syrup. Decorate with toasted flaked almonds and blueberries.
FOR THE SYRUP - makes enough for a jam jar
1. Bring all ingredients apart from the dates to the boil. Once up to temperature simmer for 10 mins.
2. Add the dates and simmer for a further 10 mins.
3. Remove from heat, remove the cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and cloves then blitz with a food processor or blender until smooth.
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to have similar content neatly packaged up and sent to your inbox each week, then sign up to our newsletter below! Our weekly digest is the only place to hear about exclusive offers, as well as receive seasonal recipes & to be entered into our monthly prize draw for a 3-day detox!
Beetroot is one of my favourite root vegetables with so much to offer in terms of flavour and colour – and most importantly, it’s in season right now. Its deep red hue, slightly earthy flavour and winning nutritional content make it a star ingredient for bright, fresh salads.
A salad that you can whip together in under twenty-five minutes is the kind of salad I want to eat every week. Yellow courgettes add a splash of colour to any dish and a welcome crunch. This home-made pesto recipe is also super easy to blitz together, the combination of aniseed tarragon and earthy basil create a vibrant and refreshing flavour. The whole dish offers an excellent combination of protein and fiber.
Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter, containing tips on maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle, seasonal recipes and exclusive offers. You'll also be entered into our monthly prize draw for the chance to win three days on our home deliveries.
From £34.00 per day
This 1,500-calorie package provides a rich source of nutrients, made up of whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and lean protein. All of our meat is free-range and our fish and seafood are sustainably sourced.
those who are looking to permanently change their lifestyles for the better. Packed full of energy and nutrients, this package is perfect for those who would like to begin or maintain a healthy diet