Amly's Top Tips for a Healthy Workspace
The backlash against social media usage and the related mental health issues has been rife in the past year, not to mention the furore over Facebook’s data protection breach. While there are definite benefits to being switched on digitally, even more beneficial is the time we take to switch off.
Kerry Moore, Co-Founder of Amly Botanicals, outlines her top tips for a healthy workspace below:
- Check your posture and invest in a good chair to support your back and neck.
- Adjust your working space so you’re not always looking down at the screen. Look left and right to stretch your neck.
- Move around regularly or stand to work, this helps keep the circulation and lymph moving, which will keep oxygen levels up and help to remove toxins.
- Make sure you keep hydrated both inside & out. Protect skin with moisture boosting products, (our Digital Detox mist is perfect), replenishing regularly throughout the day.
- Maintain a good distance from the monitor and clean it regularly (to remove dust).
- Keep nutrient levels up. A nutrient-rich diet will feed your skin with essentials to protect and nourish.
- If possible, keep a toxin-removing plant at your workstation, Aloe Vera plants are perfect.
- Earth yourself! Take time away from all devices and get some fresh air and contact with nature, aiming for at least 20 minutes of walking outdoors each day.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to have similar content neatly packaged up and sent to your inbox each week, then sign up to our newsletter below! Our weekly digest is the only place to hear about exclusive offers, as well as receive seasonal recipes & to be entered into our monthly prize draw for a 3-day detox!